Monday, January 26, 2015

Quiet Book Pages 14 and 15: Write a Letter and Mailbox

Although Owen won't be able to use this page for a while, I thought it would be a fun one to add in.

Pages 14 and 15: Write a Letter and Mailbox

Teaches: Writing, drawing, how mail works

My inspiration for these pages came from here. She gives a free pattern that I absolutely love! I didn't use all of her pattern, but it was a perfect starting point. 

Here are my pages:



I added the whole left page as a place to store pens or pencils, paper, and envelopes. I also added the grass on the right page just for fun. I love it!

In her pattern for the mailbox, she includes a pattern for little envelopes. I loved the idea of having reusable ones, so I used it. 


Velcro is used to keep them closed when "mail" is inside each envelope. 


I love this pattern because it looks like a real mailbox. It is made so there is a pocket and the mail can actually go into the mailbox. A ribbon and button hold the mailbox closed.  


A button and grommet are used to allow the flag to move up and down for when there is and isn't mail. So cute!


I used some hand stitching and some machine stitching for these pages and I think they turned out great! I can't wait for Owen to understand enough to send and receive mail. 

~K.A.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment