Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Quiet Book Page 13: Noah's Ark

This is probably my very favorite page I made for the quiet book. The reason: all of the cute little animals that go in the ark. They are the best, and I actually designed them myself! If you would like the pattern, please comment your email and I will send the pattern as soon as I can.

Page 13: Noah's Ark

Teaches: Animals, and the story of Noah's Ark

My inspiration for this page came from my friend's quiet book and from here

This is how my ark turned out:


I first drew out the arc with all the windows, door, etc on a piece of paper. I used that as my pattern, cut the pieces, and sewed everything together, starting with sewing the zipper into the main boat part. I used mostly machine stitching for the actual ark part and all hand stitching for the animals. 

The rainbow ribbon was given to me by my friend who inspired me to make this quiet book. It is exactly what this page needed to make it perfect. 


For the animals, I drew them out in pencil, then once I liked how they looked, I traced over the pencil with sharpie to get a nice thick pattern. I then traced each individual part onto a different paper. Each of those was labeled and cut out for the pattern. I chose my colors for each animal and started cutting felt. I used all hand stitching (blanket stitch) for these, so they took some extra time, but I absolutely love how they turned out. They are stuffed with normal stuffing and the eyes were added on last using puffy paint.

I scanned in the pattern for all the animals and the sun before cutting them out. If you would like a copy of the pattern, comment on this page or email me!

Sun (obviously not an animal, but I wanted to include it):

Owl: 

Black Bear: 

Lion: 

Giraffe: 

Monkey:

Bird:

Elephant: 

Rhino: 

This is also one of Owen's favorite pages to play with. He loves to take the animals out one by one and kiss them. It's the cutest.

Again, contact me if you would like a copy of the animal patterns and I will get it to you as quickly as possible. 

~K.A.N.

40 comments:

  1. Do you have the pattern for the Ark and clouds that you can send to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a copy of your pattern. I am making a quiet book for my grandson who lives overseas. I'll be visiting him this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a copy of your pattern. It wil be for my 2 Year old niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a copy of your pattern. It wil be for my 2 Year old niece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would appreciate a copy of your pattern please. My email is Tina31baglady@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love your pattern. I am in the process of trying to make a book for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love your pattern. I am in the process of trying to make a book for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really like a copy of the ark and animals if they are still available. I am making a book for my grandson and this is the cutest that I have found. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to have a copy of the Book and the Animals....That is so cute. Just let me know if it is still available. Thanks Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have a copy of the pattern for the animals and this page please. Thank you for sharing and your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could I please have the patterns for your animals? They are adorable? Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this page. Could I please have a copy of the patterns?
    I'm attempting a quiet book of Bible stories for the grandkids.
    Thanks for sharing your talents.
    bdwell4u@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a copy of the pattern if still available! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your ark and aminals can you please send me a copy thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great quiet book page. Love the animals and would really like your pattern if you have it please. jenniferbales49@gmail.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would LOVE a copy of your pattern. I am learning how to sew so I can make my little 1 year old a quiet book. Thank you! holly_milar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would LOVE a copy of your pattern. I am learning how to sew so I can make my little 1 year old a quiet book. Thank you! holly_milar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Salve, mi piacerebbe una copia del tuo modello dell'arca e degli animali, la mia email è bbonfig1@gmail.com oppure voceesilenzio@gmail.com. E' bellissimo grazie mille Beatrice Italia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could you please send me a copy of the Noahs Arch, animals, labels pattern?
    dleedmonds@msn.com. Im in process of making a QB for my grandsons bday. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi. I love your Noah's Ark pages and would love to have a copy of your patterns!
    Lori bradford1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey I would love a copy of the animal templates! So cute! -Michelle Yoder
    michelle.ann.yoder@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this. Would like to make it for my granddaughters. I would love a copy of the animal templates.
    Ska310@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love a copy of your templates! Cute animals! Boufylou@gmail.com. Carolee Boam

    ReplyDelete
  24. How gorgeous this is. Please could I have a copy of your templates.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable and you are so talented! I would love to attemt this for my granddaughter who lives with us. Could I get a copy of your patterns, please? Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Could you send me a copy of the pattern? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Its possible to send me a copy of the pattern? Thank you very much!!!

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi!!!! loooove the ark. My sons name y noah and he loves animals ahaha (it's a bit funny) could you please send me a copy of the pattern? thanks a loooot

    ReplyDelete
  29. Could you send me this pattern please, I am trying to make my son's Christmas gift.

    Thanks,
    Anna Seay
    acseay88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love the pattern for this, if you have the time to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love to add this to my grand daughters quiet book. She loves her quiet book --plays with it everyday.
    S.reynolds@windstream.net
    Thank you! Shirley (grandma)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Would love to have this pattern to add to the Quiet Book I'm making for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday. susanbeck2@gmail.com Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like your quiet book. If it's not too much trouble, may I please have a copy of your pattern? Thank you for sharing. connaluart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would to get your pattern for the ark and animals. They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  35. please email me the pattern if possible j_shugg@aapt.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love a copy of your pattern, please! pamzee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your animal patterns are adorable. I would love to receive your free patterns. Thank you for being so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love a copy of your pattern! Your animals are darling!!! Thank you for all your time in making these and sharing with others. :) My email is michellemwilson123@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would love a copy of your template. Your animals are so adorable! Do you have any other pages you are willing to share? I am making a quiet book for my grandson for Christmas. Thank you for your time and willingness to share. My email is lmiller115@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can you please share this pattern with me? Thank you! kimberlyann4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete