Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mustache Cup Cozy

This is a project that I made for my sister for her Birthday/Christmas present. I technically gave her 3 things, so I figured I could count it for both holidays. 

I had wanted to make her a cup cozy for her gift and had seen several different ideas on Pinterest. Some were sewn, some were crocheted, and some were knitted. I was originally going to sew her one, but after talking to my mom, she thought the crocheted and knitted ones were cuter. Since I am no pro at knitting, I decided to crochet one and I love how it turned out!!


The first step was to find a mug to fit the cozy to.
This mug originally had a rubber cow pattern "cozy" on it. To my surprise, it came off super easy! So I cleaned the mug really well and decided to use it. 

I then crocheted the cozy. I used the same technique for the main part as I used for the brim of my little man's Santa hat in this pattern. I simply made a rectangle that fit the mug nicely. I then single crocheted around the whole thing, added two loops on one end and two buttons on the other. 

The mustache is made from felt. I drew out a pattern, cut it out, then stitched it on using regular black thread. 


 Here is the back of the mug:


In my wallet, I found a Starbucks card that still had some value, so I put that in the mug and sent it!
I love how it turned out and love even more how simple it was. 

~K.A.N.

2 comments:

  1. cute! I need to learn how to crochet better! It is so awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Youtube videos have helped me a ton!

      Delete