For the baby's nursery, I decided that rather than pick a theme, I wanted to just pick colors. I picked navy blue and white for the main colors with green as an accent. We are still in a one-bedroom, but I can finally see everything coming together.
One of the things I wanted was a little side table with a lamp. My mother-in-law gave me a lamp that was the perfect size, so all I had to do was make it match the nursery!
On the left is the stand all taped up and ready to paint. It started as a dark green, so I decided the easiest way to go was navy blue. The lamp shade is on the right; just a plain off-white color.
For the shade, I laid out my fabric and used the actual shade as a "pattern" by rolling the shade on the fabric and tracing where the edges were. I added about an inch to the top and bottom as well as to the sides, which gave me this shape:
I then used hot glue to put the fabric on the original shade. I tucked in the ends to give it a nice finished look. The stand was all dry by this point, so I took the tape off, added the newly re-covered lamp shade and now I have a lamp that matches the nursery perfectly!