Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sweater Upcycle

Although what I am about to share is for the winter season, these are two things that I love and wore a lot throughout last winter. Why not get started early?

Last Christmas, I got some tall black boots from Nathan and loved the look of the cute tall socks that can be worn with boots. It just gives your outfit an extra little something. However, I didn't feel like spending any money on those socks, so I started to think about how I could make my own...and I came up with the idea to use the sleeves of a sweater. They didn't actually have to be full socks after all; they just had to show at the top!

I went to a thrift store in my town and looked through the racks for a sweater with sleeves that I liked. I found the perfect one for $1! It can't really get any better than that. Leaving enough room for the "socks" to show above the boots, I cut the sleeves off and tried them on.


The color was perfect and oh those buttons! 

I still had quite a bit of sweater left, so when I remembered about this tutorial I knew I had to at least try to make the scarf. (She uses felt, but the material I used worked just as well).



It is one of my favorite scarfs and it matches perfectly with those lovely boot socks above. 

If you love it like I do, get working on some winter fashion!

~K.A.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment