Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baby Gift

I have known Ashley and Justin since they first started dating and recently they welcomed home the newest member of their family. Their baby girl is just so sweet! 

Before they knew the gender, they picked a nursery theme that they liked that could be used for a girl or a boy. It is this one here. Aren't those elephants just so sweet? I love it.

A couple of months before I knew the theme, my grandma had given me some flannel that was green with brown, white, and green polka dots. When I found out these were the colors of the nursery for their baby, I knew I had to make something for them with that fabric. 

I started out planning to make a simple receiving blanket and if I had extra material, I would make a burp cloth and maybe even a little stuffed animal elephant. 

I did that, plus a little more. I drew out patterns for the different elephants and different sizes of elephants I used. I cut everything out and put it all together. I was so excited with how it all turned out! 


All together, I made a blanket, a burp cloth, two stuffed animal elephants, and added an elephant to a white onesie. I already had the little brown pants and they went perfectly with it to complete the gift. 

I took it to Ashley and was so happy with how much she loved it too!

~K.A.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment