Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Re-purposing: women's shirt into girl's dress

This is one of the easiest and most satisfying projects! I love re-purposing! For this project I took a shirt that I had never worn and decided to turn it into a dress for my friend's little girl. (sorry, I forgot to take any before pictures!)

I borrowed a dress that belonged to my friend's daughter and following this tutorial, I made that shirt of mine into a dress for her!

The front: 


Using the extra fabric I added a cute little flower to the front!


The back: 


The first time she tried it on, it didn't fit over her head. That was my mistake because I forgot to account for this fabric having no stretch! I took it back home and added a cut-out with a button and it worked like a charm. 


Isn't she just adorable? 


~K.A.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment